StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

New StarCluster features

From: François-Michel L'Heureux <no email>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:06:10 -0400

In the last two week's I've develop new features in our StarCluster
version. I think they might please some of you so I am sharing them.

   - Store Config On master
   <https://github.com/datacratic/StarCluster/commit/4bc1938e6d7829b78295f065300e0cfbe04503f0>
   to allow easy cluster updates. -> This commit contains the removal of our
   previously existing option "reloadconfig".
   - Multiple DNS Support
   <https://github.com/datacratic/StarCluster/commit/0824e39c5d1fd6f5379a433cba575d808daee471>
   to allow biding in the cheapest zone when using spot instances.
   - DNS Sufix
   <https://github.com/datacratic/StarCluster/commit/72f3bc5ddb028a675f49f3d792c74f6bd3cd1961>
   just like dns-prefix, but sufix, to allow "clean" hostnames. If you name
   your cluster "mycluster.datacratic.com", you'll get nodes names "
   master.mycluster.datacratic.com" and so on.

And a bit of self promo, my dev log
<http://blog.frank-mich.com/new-starcluster-features/> about those 3
features.

Cheers