StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Waiting for JSON connector file...

From: Don MacMillen <no email>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:47:49 -0800

Hi Alessandro,

For your use case you might consider making your own customized ami.
Once you have one up and running you can use StarCluster's ebscreate
command to do this. Then just put the new ami id into the config file.
>From the docs:

$ starcluster ebsimage -h
StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster) (v. 0.93.3)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

Usage: ebsimage [options] <instance-id> <image_name>

    Create a new EBS image (AMI) from a running EC2 instance

    Example:

        $ starcluster ebsimage i-999999 my-new-image-ebs

    NOTE: It should now be safe to create an image from an instance
launched by
    StarCluster. If you have issues please submit a bug report to the
mailing
    list.

Now while you have made your life easier with this, there is always the
danger that
you delete the image and/or forget the recipe. As long as you don't have a
bunch of
different instance types, or have very complex image build recipes, this is
mostly OK.

Don