StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Delay when using Sun Grid Engine

From: Jesse Lu <no email>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 10:10:47 -0700

Okay, so it turns out that scheduling-on-demand is turned on by default,
and any additional delays are eliminated by setting the scheduler_interval
to 0:0:1.

However, if I run in a parallel environment (e.g. qsub -pe orte ...) then
there is an approximately 40 sec delay after job completion. That is to
say, the job has technically finished, although qstat still lists it as
running, and subsequent jobs are held up. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!