StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster not mounting EBS volume correctly

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:33:55 -0400

  On 10/27/10 4:27 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
> I went to the AWS console and detached the volume (funny how a volume
> can be attached to an instance that has terminated). Then I was able
> to start my cluster again without error.
>
> Is this a bug? Shouldn't the volume be detached as part of
> "starcluster stop"?
This is most likely a bug. I just checked the code and I'm not detaching
the volumes, just terminating the instances. Usually just terminating
the instances will detach the volume but clearly the volume got stuck in
this case. The latest github code *is* detaching the volumes when
stopping or terminating a cluster.

~Justin