StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster not mounting EBS volume correctly

From: Dan Tenenbaum <no email>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 13:27:36 -0700

One more thing. After successfully launching a cluster and having it connect
to the ebs volume, I shut the cluster down.

Then I started it again, this time I got:

>>> Validating cluster template settings...
cluster.py:766 - ERROR - volume vol-70e6f719 is not available (status:
in-use)
cli.py:243 - ERROR - settings for cluster template "smallcluster" are not
valid

I went to the AWS console and detached the volume (funny how a volume can be
attached to an instance that has terminated). Then I was able to start my
cluster again without error.

Is this a bug? Shouldn't the volume be detached as part of "starcluster
stop"?

Dan