StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster not mounting EBS volume correctly

From: Dan Tenenbaum <no email>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 18:23:50 -0700

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Justin Riley <jtriley_at_mit.edu> wrote:

> On 10/27/10 4:22 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
> > I formatted the volume according to your instructions below and
> > everything worked.
> >
> > BTW, everything done with ElasticFox in those instructions can now be
> > done in the AWS console (which is how I did it). For those who don't
> > use firefox. ;)
> >
> > Dan
> Glad you found a solution for now. There certainly seems to be something
> up with the createvolume command. You are using 0.91 (or the recent
> identical 0.91.1) release correct? I'll install it in a separate vm and
> test it out to see if I can reproduce the issues.

Hi Justin,

To answer your earlier question, I just ran startconsole with the same zone
every time.
All of our EBS volumes are in us-east-1d, so I don't want to do anything in
any other zone.

I did run the command more than once, but after each invocation, I killed
the cluster that was created.

I didn't pay close enough attention, but I think sometimes perhaps the stop
cluster command displays instance IDs of instances that have already
stopped.

Or, is it looking in my config file and starting up the number of nodes I
have defined there?

Anyway, thanks for looking into it.

I am running 0.91.

Thanks