StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Creating multiple clusters from the same template

From: Ryan G <no email>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 11:35:05 -0400

Hi all - I'm using starcluster to create 1 cluster per project instead of 1
cluster for multiple projects. My cluster mounts an EBS volume to the head
node. The problem with this approach is I can only create 1 cluster at a
time since it relies on mounting the EBS volume.

I thought a better approach would be to take a snapshot of the EBS volume,
then anytime I fire up a cluster, StarCluster could create an EBS volume
from the snapshot. This would allow me to fire up as many clusters as
possible. However, I don't see a way to do this with starcluster.

Suggestions?

Ryan