StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: NFS Mount from "External" Machine to Cluster

From: Vasisht Reddy T. <no email>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:53:16 -0400

Hi Devin,

Does this NFS volume need to be simultaneously mounted on non-cluster instances at the same time that the cluster is running? If that’s not needed, then you can just use an EBS volume within the same AZ that can be auto mounted using the ‘VOLUMES’ tag in the config file.
—————

VOLUMES = mynfsvolume

[volume mynfsvolume]
volume_id = vol-xxxxxx
mount_path = /mnt/nfs_dir

—————————

If it’s an already mounted volume, that will be have to exported by writing a separate plugin that runs on node addition. AWS is introducing an Elastic File System (EFS) which can mounted via NFS that might work for your case.

Cheers,
Vasisht