StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: New problem - instance has no alias. us-west-2b

From: Lilley, John F. <no email>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 23:52:15 +0000

?Thought I'd follow up on this since the same problem hit again. After looking closer I realize now that the instance ID it's referring to in the 'instance has no alias' message is actually a development system which I recently assigned the running clusters security group to (_at_sc-bid) among other groups. Removing the security group form all instances not created by starcluster immediately corrected the problem so I assume starcluster uses the security group to query its nodes and since no alias was assigned to this foreign instance it bailed. ?

John