StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

New problem - instance has no alias. us-west-2b

From: Lilley, John F. <no email>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 02:28:51 +0000

Hi All,?

I starting running into trouble a few days ago with my Starcluster instances running in us-west-2b (Oregon) where after a day or two (most likely after the load balancer attempts to add nodes to accommodate jobs) all interaction with the cluster via starclusters management commands results in a "!!! ERROR - instance i-8ac59480 has no alias" error message. As far I know nothing has changed on my end.

Fresh starcluster instances were successfully relaunched using the most current release only to have them break again with the same error message. Trolling the starcluster mailing list archives resulted in a thread from 2013 that suggested that AWS made some temporary changes in the way userdata was handled in some regions that eventually resolved itself. http://star.mit.edu/cluster/mlarchives/1985.html

starcluster.mbox.out: Re: Multiple node cluster problems
StarCluster Mailing List Archive
Read more...<http://star.mit.edu/cluster/mlarchives/1985.html>

Hoping that someone has run into this problem and has some advice to share.

John