StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Possible to bring in data stored on S3?

From: Jennifer Staab <no email>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 21:49:54 -0400

I agree with Nik, it seems reasonably fast in my experience. Note that
S3 doesn't have a file system, it's just an indexed object. So you can
write your object once and read it many times, but there isn't any
updating, file locking, etc. I typically use S3 for storage and
archiving or to provide a static data reference for things that aren't
going to change, but need to be widely available. I know those that use
S3 for static webpages, or for storing logs, etc. If your data is going
to change often, you might want to do things a different way.

Good Luck.

Jennifer