StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Possible to bring in data stored on S3?

From: John Readey <no email>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 01:19:46 +0000

Is anyone pulling in data on demand using the S3 API's? I'm curious how the performance compares to using NFS.

John

From: Jennifer Staab <jstaab_at_cs.unc.edu<mailto:jstaab_at_cs.unc.edu>>
Date: Monday, October 6, 2014 at 6:08 PM
To: greg <margeemail_at_gmail.com<mailto:margeemail_at_gmail.com>>, "starcluster_at_mit.edu<mailto:starcluster_at_mit.edu>" <starcluster_at_mit.edu<mailto:starcluster_at_mit.edu>>
Subject: Re: [StarCluster] Possible to bring in data stored on S3?

Besides the others mentioned, AWS has their own "command line interface" CLI see here<http://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/cli-chap-getting-set-up.html> for installation instructions and here<http://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/> for usage. AWS CLI provides tools for accessing S3. If you don't want to use AWS CLI, there are many SDKs available depending on programming language or platform see here<http://aws.amazon.com/tools/>.

Good Luck.

Jennifer