StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: (no subject)

From: Jacob Barhak <no email>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 03:36:00 -0600

Hi Michael,

You had nice ideas. Many beyond me.

Yet the GUI interface seems very interesting. I can certainly support this
direction. Actually I know for sure that there is a need to simplify
interfaces for HPC for a broader user community. Many users do not know
neither care what happens when they hit enter - they just want results fast
and in a way they can understand them. A GUI is a large step towards this.

Can you explain more what are you planning to do - less about the
technology - more about the functionality. What would the user see? Do you
intent to have this tool open for developers? Or can it be a service that
can be customized easily and geared towards end users with little
understanding in HPC?

I look forward for more information about these directions.

            Jacob