StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Training a neural net (or other classifier) across StarCluster

From: Jacob Barhak <no email>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 03:04:52 -0600

Hi Alessandro,

The advantage of StarCluster is the ability to run things in parallel. In
the case of a Neural Net work you can have better/faster cross validation
by training a different Neural nets on different nodes.

I know that there are Python Neural net libraries in the Python Scientific
distributions. If you choose an AMI with a scientific Python distribution
installed then this simplifies installations. I am note sure about AMIs
with R, yet I am using an Anaconda AMI which has many scientific python
libraries installed in it.

I hope you find this of help.

                  Jacob