StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: root volumes after termination

From: Steve Heistand <no email>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 09:23:07 -0700

yeah its marked as no for delete on termination.
Will change that.

thanks

steve

On 09/04/2013 09:12 AM, Rayson Ho wrote:
> OK, start a 1-node EBS StarCluster (t1.micro is good) and make sure to use your AMI
> instead of the standard StarCluster AMI. Then go to the AWS management Console,
> select the instance of the 1-node cluster, and click the "Root Device:" (eg. Root
> Device: sda1) link, and you will see information about the root device like:
>
> Root device type: ebs Attachment time: 2012-12-12 Block device status: attached
> Delete on termination: Yes
>
> Rayson
>
> ================================================== Open Grid Scheduler - The Official
> Open Source Grid Engine http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
> http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html
>

> On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Steve Heistand <steve.heistand_at_nasa.gov> wrote: Im
> on starcluster v0.94, I started with a public ami from AWS that was centos/ebs/hvm
> based. Have since tweaked it and saved it as one of my own AMIs so Im not sure which
> image it was originally. Looking at their list of public images but none of them seem
> like the one I started with.
>
> Could have these amis lost the 'deleteontermination' flag? trying to find where this
> is set.
>
> steve

- --
 Steve Heistand NASA Ames Research Center
 email: steve.heistand_at_nasa.gov Steve Heistand/Mail Stop 258-6
 ph: (650) 604-4369 Bldg. 258, Rm. 232-5
 Scientific & HPC Application P.O. Box 1
 Development/Optimization Moffett Field, CA 94035-0001