StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Issues with using an EBS volume

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 00:39:39 -0400

Hi,

Some background info: The EBS mounting bug only affects launching from
Windows, which is what you are running...

To fix the bug without upgrading to 0.94, you can merge the fix by
hand in 0.93.3:

https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/commit/64fa4b8fac7318c7a77d9d769a5826fa76e62341

It is a 2-line fix, basically changing "os.path.join(path, f)" to
"posixpath.join(path, f)". The reason this is needed because
os.path.join() uses the local OS's path separator to join the path,
and on Windows it is "\", so the result becomes "/dev\sdz" instead of
"/dev/sdz". Launching on Unix or Linux it is only an issue because the
path separator is "/".

It is a safe and simple 2-line fix, and should fix the issue you are
encountering...

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/