StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster 0.94 has been released!

From: Jacob Barhak <no email>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 16:17:12 -0500

Hi Justin,

There is an issue on windows with the installation.

When trying to easy_install version 0,94 the system fails to install. I am
attaching the output transcript from this command.

I am doing this on a freshly installed copy of Python(x,y)-2.7.5.0:

I also tried pip install that completed the installation yet broke when
trying to start a new cluster with a python error - somewhere on boto I
believe - yet I do not have the transcript for that so treat this with a
grain of salt.

Fortunately the following command still works if someone wants to use 0.93
easy_install starcluster==0.93

Never the less, if a new user follows the instruction on the web site that
use easy_install then the system may not install for them - so this should
be fixed quickly to avoid un-impressing new users.

Please announce once this is fixed.

I look forward to use the new version once it is ready to install.

                 Jacob