StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

EBS volumes and copy file error

From: Xu, Guorong <no email>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:22:18 -0000

Hi Starcluster developers,

I am a new user of the Starcluster. And I found your software is very useful and it is amazing!

By reading your manual and I created a SGE cluster with 4 nodes on Amazon cloud successfully. However, I met some problems when I tried to access my data on EBS volumes from master node.
I can see my attached volume on master node, but I cannot see the data on that volume. From the command "df -h", I found the size of that volume is less than original size.
That means my data should be on that volume. When I tried to configure that volume in the file ".starcluster/config", then I start my cluster. I got the error message that the volume id cannot be found.
I am sure the volume id is correct, but I don't know why starCluster cannot find it.

Then I tried to use the command "starcluster put" to copy my data from EBS volume to master node. But it reported an internet connection error during the file transferring (80~90%).
Do you have any idea about these issues?

Your response would be greatly appreciated!

Guorong
--
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. Baylor Health Care System, its subsidiaries, and affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.