StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: installing WRF on Ubuntu starcluster

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:43:19 -0400

Hi Itesh,

First off, I'm not familiar with WRF, smpar,or dmpar but I'm guessing
they come from:

http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/

Also I would recommend OpenMPI over MPICH2 if possible given that it
integrates nicely with SGE.

With that said can you please provide me with:

1. The commands you used to submit the job (ie qsub ...)

2. The error output from the job. The error output for the job is
written either in the cluster user's $HOME folder or wherever you
submitted the job. It's usually some file like myjob.e5 where the
number is the job number.

3. Are you sure you installed the software on all nodes? In other
words, are you able to login to each individual node and see/run WRF?

~Justin