StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

installing WRF on Ubuntu starcluster

From: Itesh Dash <no email>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:04:54 +0700

Dear All,

I tried to install for the first time the WRF in the Amazon EC2 cluster and
use it with star cluster nodes to run parallel.

I have installed it will both smpar, OpenMP (previously there in the
cluster) and also with dmpar, mpich2 installed, separately,

But it seems that the model is not running in parallel mode. Most of the
time the process gets forced killed. And even it runs, job submitted to
only single node, even i have specified the nodes/host in the hostfile.

For information, I have total 8 nodes, including the master with Ubuntu 64
Bit. And model installation is with gcc/gfortran/mpif90.

I have submitted the jobs following the StarCluster user guide.

Is there something missing? Please let me know if more information is
needed.

Will appreciate any help in this regard.

Regards,
Itesh