StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Configuring number of map jobs per cluster node {Hadoop plugin}

From: Paul McDonagh <no email>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 14:07:30 -0400

Thanks for creating starcluster, it's great. I'm using the Hadoop plugin and I'm working on a c1.xlarge instance type. The c1.xlarge type has 20 EC2 Compute units or 8 virtual cores.

When looking at the job tracking webpages that are set up after the cluster is initiated and running, there is a limit of 2 map jobs per cluster node. How can I alter the number map (or reduce) jobs a particular compute node can run? I can't seem to find how to change this. I'd like to be able to use much more of the compute resources for some of the larger compute instance types.

Thanks for your help.
Paul McDonagh