StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Configuring number of map jobs per cluster node {Hadoop plugin}

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:38:58 -0400

While integrating some user contributed Hadoop docs into the Open Grid
Scheduler website, I came across the
"mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum" parameter - a quick Google
search points me to:

Q: I see a maximum of 2 maps/reduces spawned concurrently on each
TaskTracker, how do I increase that?
A: Use the configuration knob: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
and mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum to control the number of
maps/reduces spawned simultaneously on a TaskTracker. By default, it
is set to 2, hence one sees a maximum of 2 maps and 2 reduces at a
given instance on a TaskTracker.

Ref: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#I_see_a_maximum_of_2_maps.2BAC8-reduces_spawned_concurrently_on_each_TaskTracker.2C_how_do_I_increase_that.3F

Make be it is a matter of setting the parameter??

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/

Scalable Grid Engine Support Program