StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: newbie problems

From: Manal Helal <no email>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:27:55 +1000

Thank you very much Justin and Rayson for the explanation,

I actually started the cluster Yesterday and learned a few issues by try
and error, realising the already mounted EBS in the starcluster HVM AMI,
but terminates with it and needs downloading the data. I also realised the
unfeasibility of the thought of downloading an image, updating it on my
machine, and then upload it after testing and everytime I need it. Also
using a spotnode cost less, so I can experiment with less worries, but the
IO free-tier is small, and only tiny instances are in the free tier, and I
need cg1.4xlarge to use the GPU Cluster,

I tried the following steps:
http://instantbadger.blogspot.com.au/2009/09/how-to-create-and-save-ami-image-from.html

to bundle, upload and register the customised running AMI after my updates,
and the bundle took time indeed, but this seams like the alternative to the
scenario download/upload I was thinking of,

thanks again for your help,

Kind Regards,