StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

apache user remotely ssh to starcluster

From: liang cheng <no email>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:55:58 -0700

Hi,

I'm experimenting how to allow apache user to run a script sitting on
the star cluster from a front end EC2 instance.

At the front end server, when I tried to login as apache user to run
the script, I got this:

sudo su -s /bin/sh apache -c "ssh -i /home/ec2-user/.ssh/key_file.rsa
ubuntu_at_xx-xx-xx-xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com"
Warning: Identity file /home/ec2-user/.ssh/key_file.rsa not
accessible: Permission denied.
Could not create directory '/var/www/.ssh'.
Host key verification failed.

Then I tried to move the rsa file to a directory that apache user has
the permission to read. But when running the line below. I still get
error message:

sudo su -s /bin/sh apache -c "ssh -i /home/ec2-user/.ssh/key_file.rsa
ubuntu_at_xx-xx-xx-xxx.compute-1.amazonaws.com"

Host key verification failed.

Can someone help me ? Does star cluster natively support this kind of
application ? Ideally the apache user should be able to run scrip on
star cluster and get the output of the script, all from the front end
apache server machine.

Thanks,
-Leo