StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: apache user remotely ssh to starcluster

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:28:32 -0400

Hi Leo,

If you try running your ssh command by first logging in interactively
as the apache user and then running the command you will most likely
discover that ssh is prompting you to verify the host key. This is
because it's the first time you're connecting to the StarCluster head
node from your apache server:

$ su - apache -s /bin/sh
$ ssh -i /home/ec2-user/.ssh/key_file.rsa ubuntu_at_xxxxx.amazonaws.com
The authenticity of host '192.168.0.100 (192.168.0.100)' can't be
established.
RSA key fingerprint is 3f:1b:f4:bd:c5:aa:c1:1f:bf:4e:2e:cf:53:fa:d8:59.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

If you wish to accept the host key and connect in a one-liner you'll
need to pass "-o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" to your ssh command to
avoid being prompted:

$ ssh -i /home/ec2-user/.ssh/key_file.rsa -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no \
ubuntu_at_xxxxx.amazonaws.com

You should really only do this the *first* time you connect otherwise
you're subject to man in the middle, etc.

HTH,

~Justin