StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Error on stopping cluster

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:26:47 -0400

Paolo/Rayson,

My apologies for the extreme delay in responding to this thread. Rayson,
thanks for helping out. This is likely obvious by now but I just want to
note that this issue should be resolved in the 0.92 release.

Thanks,

~Justin

https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/issues/38

> Some nodes in your cluster were still running even after termination
request were sent to them, thus failing call to security group removal.
The bug was fixed in the latest GIT tree, but not in 0.92rc2 (I just
checked for you :-D ).

> As removing the security group is one of the last things to cleanup in
terminate_cluster(), this synchronization error is not going to affect
anything. However, just to be sure, if it happends again, go to the AWS
management Console and make sure things that Amazon charges you are
shutdown. cleanly. And if it really bothers you, you can apply this fix
by Justin:

> https://github.com/jtriley/StarCluster/commit/970d0a6157eac8e3b7e0d76d73b37678de03b80b
>
> If you have issues patching or reading the diff, contact me offline (
rayrayson AT gmail.com) and I will send you a patched cluster.py.

> Rayson

> Grid Engine / Open Grid Scheduler
> http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net

security group '_at_sc-robusta'