StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Feature Request: VPC support

From: Adam Kraut <no email>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:53:10 -0400

I would add this directly to GitHub issues but I wanted to pass it through the mailing list first.

I'd like to start clusters with starcluster inside Amazon VPC. As far as I can tell, this is just an extra parameter, 'SubnetId', added to the RunInstance call.

http://boto.s3.amazonaws.com/ref/ec2.html#boto.ec2.connection.EC2Connection.run_instances

I think it would be awesome if starcluster supported that but I'm not sure the level of effort. It looks pretty straight-forward so I'll try it on my fork and see.

As a temporary workaround, could I start instances with the AWS console or ec2-api-tools using a starcluster security group and then 'startcluster start -x' ?

Thanks!

-Adam