StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Fwd: StarCluster not mounting EBS volume correctly

From: Dan Tenenbaum <no email>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:51:11 -0700

I didn't reply to the list:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba_at_fhcrc.org>
Date: Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [StarCluster] StarCluster not mounting EBS volume correctly
To: Austin Godber <godber_at_uberhip.com>

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Austin Godber <godber_at_uberhip.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> There is a command that will create volumes for you:
> starcluster createvolume 30 us-east-1b
>
> Have you tried that? Starcluster expects a partition, thats probably why
> its failing. I'd use the command unless I had some specific reason I
> couldn't. I was unaware of it for about 3 months though :)
>
> Austin

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't seem to work either, I get this (and
the output keeps repeating):

 starcluster createvolume 30 us-east-1d
StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

>>> Using keypair bioc-keypair
>>> Requesting host instance in zone us-east-1d to attach volume to...
>>> Creating security group _at_sc-volumecreator...
>>> No instance in group _at_sc-volumecreator for zone us-east-1d, launching
one now.
>>> Waiting for instance i-de04a5b3 to come up...
|ssh.py:77 - WARNING - specified key does not end in either rsa or dsa,
trying both
>>> Using private key /Users/dtenenba/.ec2/bioc-keypair.pem (rsa)
failed to authenticate to host root as user
/ssh.py:77 - WARNING - specified key does not end in either rsa or dsa,
trying both
>>> Using private key /Users/dtenenba/.ec2/bioc-keypair.pem (rsa)
failed to authenticate to host root as user
/ssh.py:77 - WARNING - specified key does not end in either rsa or dsa,
trying both
>>> Using private key /Users/dtenenba/.ec2/bioc-keypair.pem (rsa)
-failed to authenticate to host root as user
-ssh.py:77 - WARNING - specified key does not end in either rsa or dsa,
trying both
>>> Using private key /Users/dtenenba/.ec2/bioc-keypair.pem (rsa)
\failed to authenticate to host root as user
\

I am able to start clusters without attached volumes, so I don't think
there's a problem with my key (other than the fact that its name doesn't end
in rsa or dsa).

Dan