StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: starcluster-extras plugin project on git --- PackageLoader

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 12:49:44 -0400

  Austin,

The starcluster-extras project is a good idea. I'm thinking about making
a starcluster-plugins project instead and having folks fork off that for
committing plugin code so that it's easier for me to absorb plugins into
the main code base (in the starcluster.plugins module) once they're been
tested and documented thoroughly. Would you be willing to use this model
instead of the starcluster-extras project you've created?

Also, concerning your package installer plugin, it doesn't appear that
your plugin installs the 'cluster-install' script on the cluster so that
it can be used locally after, say, an sshmaster command. The plugin
should probably be modified to copy the script to /usr/bin and make it
executable. Nice plugin, thanks for sharing!

~Justin