StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

status of HPC instance type

From: Brian O'Connor <no email>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 23:40:09 -0400

Hi,

I've used StarCluster and found it to be extremely easy to use and
helpful for my research. After doing some prototyping I'm ready to
switch to the HPC instance type. I was wondering if support for this
instance type is available in git and how long until StarCluster
supports it officially. I saw a post from Justin in September that
indicated it was being worked on:

> I'm planning on adding EBS-backed AMIs to StarCluster and Fred Rotbart
> has submitted patches that handle starting/stopping EBS-backed instances
> including instances of the new cluster compute type (which you'll be
> *very* interested in by the way given that you do lots of MPI). Stay tuned.

Is this to a state that I can start playing around with it?

Thanks for your help! Great project!

--Brian O'Connor