StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] Partition in EBS Volume

From: Austin Godber <no email>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:47:36 -0400

Given the recent discussion on the expanding of the partition on an EBS
volume, have you (Justin) ever considered eliminating the partition
altogether? It doesn't seem necessary and in this case, it is clearly
just another point of confusion. The docs even recommend only one
partition per volume.

Also, I am considering implementing an expandvolume function that works
like createvolume. That would be handy. Though I should finish the HPC
cluster instance work first, I am told that the default 10.04 kernel
lacks necessary drivers though.

Austin