StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] Availability zone eu-west-1b

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 13:50:13 -0400

Hi Joachim,

By default, boto uses the us-east-1 region. You can change this by adding the
following settings to your [aws info] section in ~/.starcluster/config :

[aws info]
aws_region_name=eu-west-1
aws_region_host=ec2.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com

I'm also considering allowing the EC2_URL environment variable to
overwrite the
region name/host settings used by StarCluster. This would avoid the region
problem for users who have setup the ec2 command line tools correctly
for other
regions.

Also, I'm not sure whether using EBS-backed instances will work with
StarCluster
or not. I seem to recall needing to launch them with another API
command that I
haven't added to StarCluster yet but I could be wrong. I'm very interested in
hearing whether you're successful or not, and what your issues are.
Please keep
the list posted.

Hope that helps. By the way, would you mind joining the mailing list?

~Justin