StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

[Starcluster] Availability zone eu-west-1b

From: Joachim Van den Bogaert <no email>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 11:41:54 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to get starcluster to work in the eu-west-1b zone.

I first migrated the starcluster image to the eu zone with the kernel and
ramdisk used by alestic for their ubuntu 9.10 amd server in the eu zone.

I modified the migrated AMI and converted it into an EBS image instead of an
instance-store image.

I then configured my config correctly, but when I tried to start my cluster
I get the following message:

StarCluster - (http://web.mit.edu/starcluster)

Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)

Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

>>> Using default cluster template: smallcluster

>>> Validating cluster template settings...

cli.py:1079 - ERROR - zone eu-west-1b does not exist

The zone has been defined in the config

My EC2_URL vriable is set at http:// ec2.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com

I noticed however that the python scripts are using the variables define in
the config - which is logical - and override, amongst others, the EC2_CERT
variable

I was wondering whether the EC2_URL variable is also overridden somewhere

Kind regards,

Joachim