StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] NumPy and SciPy tests fail on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 18:16:55 -0400

Hi Damian,

Good to hear you fixed the issue. I will certainly need to add a note about
installing numpy/scipy/lapack/openmpi from ubuntu. These packages have been
custom compiled and installed (see
http://starcluster.scripts.mit.edu/~starcluster/wiki/index.php?title=StarCluster_AMI_Cookbook).
Openmpi happens to be recompiled into a deb package so it's easy to reinstall,
however, numpy/scipy/lapack require a bit more work if you clobber them with
apt-get.

Thanks for reporting this to the list,

~Justin