StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] SOLVED!! instance ssh problem...

From: Justin Riley <no email>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:55:20 -0400

Hi Nicholas,

Awesome, I'll try to wget that url on a local instance sometime today
and see how it goes just to verify that this is the case (ie latest
points to 1.0 by default on 1.6.2)

I meant to send you an announcement this last night, but I made some
modifications that should allow you to get past the credentials step
when starting StarCluster on Eucalyptus. You'll need to pull in the
latest code to test it out.

Please let me know how things go and what the next obstacles are.

I am aware of one obstacle that guarantees things will not quite run
successfully. When we do:

$ starcluster listinstances

I noticed that both of our outputs of this command using Eucalyptus
reports private_ip_address and ip_address as N/A. These variables are
used by StarCluster to setup things like /etc/hosts, Sun Grid Engine, etc.

I have a feeling this is due to needing a more sophisticated DNS setup
with Eucalyptus but I haven't tried to solve this just yet. In any
event, things will almost certainly not work until we can get these
values to be properly populated (ie starcluster listinstances should
show the ip addresses and not N/A's).

Hope that helps,

~Justin