StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: [Starcluster] SOLVED!! instance ssh problem...

From: Nicholas Ampazis <no email>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:06:18 -0700

Justin,

I do have a "add_key.pl" in the "/usr/share/eucalyptus" directory.

However this might not be much relevant in the process of copying the
ssh key in later versions of Eucalyptus (i.e. 1.6.x), since I've
discovered that I could have achieved the same fix if I had
substituted

public_key_url=http://169.254.169.254/1.0/meta-data/public-keys/0/openssh-key

by

public_key_url=http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/public-keys/0/openssh-key

(instead of public_key_url=http://169.254.169.254/2008-02-01/meta-data/public-keys/0/openssh-key)

in /etc/init.d/ec2-get-credentials" of starcluster iso.

Notice that in this case "latest" points to the same directory as
"api_ver" which in your eucalyptus installation (1.6.2) just happens
to be "1.0", so it works out of the box!

Thanks,

Nicholas

P.S. Is there any progress in the starcluster git python code with
regards to commands that did not work with eucalyptus credentials
(e.g. starcluster start , etc)?