StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: adding spot instances without using starcluster commands

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 10:00:17 -0500

You will definitely want to use addnode, otherwise the new machines won't
be added to the oracle grid engine cluster, and you won't be able to give
them tasks or ssh to them.

Have you looked at adding your scripts in the form of a plugin? It can run
within the context of addnode.

There are ways to always use spot instances:
http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/manual/configuration.html

>From the manual:

The addnode command has additional options for customizing the new node’s
instance type, AMI, spot bid, and more. See the help menu for a detailed
list of all available options:

$ starcluster addnode --help

http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/manual/addremovenode.html