StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: IPython parallel DirectView not distributing to starcluster nodes.

From: Austin So <no email>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 12:16:33 -0700

I am not getting a different “result” per se, rather how the engines are defined appears to depend on whether ipcluster is invoked through notebooks or through the command line.

Regardless, this doesn’t explain why the only recognized domain name is ‘master’ if ipcluster is properly invoked across all nodes when using the attached notebook. This is the reproducible part for me on my setup. None of the node domain names are ever returned. The attached test script is pretty simple, and I think unambiguous. I don’t know what to make of it, which is why I’m asking.

If someone doesn’t see the same thing, rather than thinking it unlikely, then I’d like to know.

A.