StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: PROBLEM ATTACHING VOLUME ON CENTOS init.d.nfs NOT FOUND

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:21:23 +0000

Hi Andrea:

Starcluster doesn't deal with CentOS perfectly.

* What version of CentOS are you running?
* Do you have 'nfs-utils' package installed?

For CentOS 6 you'll also need:
echo 'exit 0' > /etc/init.d/portmap
chmod +x /etc/init.d/portmap

For CentOS 7 I had to do even more fiddling, since it's now systemd-based, and some other funkiness is going on (StarCluster being too smart for its own good):

echo -e "rm /etc/exports.d/*\nexportfs -var\nsystemctl restart nfs-server.service" > /etc/init.d/nfs
chmod +x /etc/init.d/nfs
echo 'exit 0' > /etc/init.d/portmap
chmod +x /etc/init.d/portmap

I hope that's useful.