StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Easy way to delete more than 100k jobs

From: Jacob Barhak <no email>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 19:31:58 -0600

Hi to SGE experts,

This is an SGE question rather than StarCluster related. I am actually
having this issue on a local clyster. And I did raise thulis issue a while
ago. So sorry for repetition. And if you know of another list that can
help, please direct me there.

The qdel command does not respond well with a large number of jobs. More
than 100k jobs makes things intollerable.

It takes a long time and consumes too much memory if trying to delete all
jobs.

Is there a shortcut someone is aware of to clear the enite queue without
waiting for many hours or the server running out of memory?

Will removing the StarCluser server and reinstalling it work? If so, how
to bypass long configuration? Are there several files that can do the trick
if handled properly?

I hope someone has a quick solution.

          Jacob