StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Create volume from snapshot and mount it

From: Ramon Ramirez-Linan <no email>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:52:41 -0500

Hi,

I have been using AMI for my cluster where a volume was pre-baked in the
AMI.
The /sharenothing volume was part of the AMI and when I launch a cluster
all nodes have that volume. That is working fine but it is not very
flexible.

Is there a plug-in that allow to create a snapsho-based volume for every
node in the cluster and mount it at creation time?

At some point I have created a quick and dirty script that will do this,
but I lost it,s o I want to see if there is a way of doing this before
creating a plug-in

Thanks

Ramon