StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Changing iinstance type for everynode in the cluster

From: MacMullan, Hugh <no email>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:22:04 +0000

Wow, I can't believe I never thought of that. Just tested c3.large > c3.8xlarge transformation, and it worked just fine … AWS CLI for the command line win!

starcluster start -i c3.large -c mycluster mycluster
starcluster stop -c mycluster
starcluster lc ## wait till the nodes are all 'stopped'
for ID in $(starcluster lc mycluster 2>/dev/null | grep -e node[0-9][0-9][0-9] -e master | awk '{print $3}'); do
   echo $ID
   # the magic:
   aws ec2 modify-instance-attribute --instance-id $ID --instance-type c3.8xlarge
done
starcluster start -x mycluster

Seems like that could be pretty easily integrated into StarCluster.

-Hugh