StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Changing iinstance type for everynode in the cluster

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 01:17:37 -0400

I've never tried something like this myself, but I believe it would work if
you stop the EBS cluster (*NOT* terminate), and then change the instance
type from the EC2 management Console, and then restart the cluster, then
StarCluster would happily reconfig the cluster for you:

http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/latest/manual/launch.html#stopping-an-ebs-backed-cluster

Just a reboot won't do it, as the private IP address changes when you
change the instance type, and /etc/hosts would need to be changed again.

(Test with a 2-node t1.micro cluster and change the type to t2.micro before
doing anything experimental on a real production cluster.)

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html