StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

SSHMaster Connection Reset

From: Stephen Smith <no email>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 15:10:08 -0400

Hello,

I am relatively new to StarCluster and EC2, though I have been able to
successfully configure an AMI based on the StarCluster HVM Ubuntu v13
image and have upgraded it to 14.04 LTS. With this I have been able to
successfully launch a small test cluster of 2 nodes:

>>> Configuring cluster took 1.848 mins
>>> Starting cluster took 3.567 mins

The cluster is now ready to use. To login to the master node
as root, run:

    $ starcluster sshmaster smallcluster

Though when I go to ssh into the master in order to access the cluster, I
get the following error:

stephen_at_GTC-Charlotte-Ubuntu:~/.ssh$ starcluster sshmaster smallcluster
StarCluster - (http://star.mit.edu/cluster) (v. 0.95.5)
Software Tools for Academics and Researchers (STAR)
Please submit bug reports to starcluster_at_mit.edu

Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I don't quite understand the cause, though I suspect it is a permission
error. I am using a key that I generated through "starcluster createkey".
 Is there something in the configuration file that I'm missing? Thanks in
advance.

Best Regards,
Stephen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
confidential, privileged, proprietary or otherwise protected by law.
The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.