StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Customizing AMI but to distribute share

From: greg <no email>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 11:10:53 -0400

Hi there,

So I'd like to install some custom software on StarCluster and then
allow others to run their own instances of StarCluster using my
software.

This page seems like a really good start:

http://star.mit.edu/cluster/docs/0.93.3/manual/create_new_ami.html

But I'm not sure how I would share the EBS AMI I create so others
could launch StarCluster with their own AWS accounts, and instantly
run my installed software. (Also I guess ideally it would be good if
they couldn't modify the original AMI, but could persist their data
somewhere else.)

Thanks,

Greg