StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: StarCluster with AWS IAM Role

From: John C. Earls <no email>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:29:52 -0700

I modified my starcluster repo to do this.

i.e. now my cluster config has an
IAM_PROFILE=blah

option.

You can see the necessary code in
https://github.com/JohnCEarls/StarCluster/commit/e70ad7a7d9394ab2b897d710a87d69307da9ddc2#diff-511f45764524effffd5cc4e4ef100afa

Most of the added code is just for passing through the profile name and
bookkeeping.

The only real diff is in starcluster/awsutils.py line 586.
I never got around to cleaning it up as a pull request.

Regards,

John C. Earls

https://plus.google.com/107716712696040682614/about

"Far better an approximate answer to the right question than an exact
answer to the wrong question, which can always be made precise."

--John Tukey