StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: Can job terminate its cluster?

From: Rajat Banerjee <no email>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 21:18:34 -0400

There is also an experimental feature to terminate the cluster (We wrote it
but didn't spend much time testing it or collecting feedback on it):

Experimental Features

The load balancer, by default, will not kill the master node in order to
keep the cluster alive and functional. However, there are times when you
might want to destroy the master if the cluster is completely idle and
there are no more nodes left to remove. For example, you may wish to launch
10000 jobs and have the cluster shutdown when the last job has completed.
In this case you can use the experimental *-K*, or *–kill-cluster*, option:

$ starcluster loadbalance --kill-cluster mycluster

 The above command will load balance *mycluster* as usual, however, once
all jobs have completed and all worker nodes have been shutdown by the load
balancer the cluster will be terminated.