StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: adding parameters to create_volume function - encryption

From: ronen artzi <no email>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 01:55:38 -0400

Thank you so much!!

All I needed was that pointer to the actual create_volume that was called
the problem is solved not sure how I missed that path.

I had changed awsutils.py to the following and it works for me:

def create_volume(self, size, zone, snapshot_id=None , encrypt =False):
        return self.conn.create_volume(size, zone, snapshot_id,
encrypted=encrypt)

I have a GlusterFS plugin that create encrypted EBS that are used as
GlusterFS brick.

This one does not solve (?) the protocol encryption ( hence the encryption
on the fly challenge but provide encryption at rest ).