StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Re: adding parameters to create_volume function - encryption

From: Rayson Ho <no email>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 23:58:03 -0400

Hmm, I was not very clear in my previous email...

create_volume() called in volume.py is defined in the StarCluster's EasyAWS
class (awsutils.py). So if you want to pass encypted=True to boto's
create_volume(), you will need to add the extra parameter in awsutils.py:

    def create_volume(self, size, zone, snapshot_id=None):
        return self.conn.create_volume(size, zone, snapshot_id,
encypted=True)

So you just need to work your way up the call chain so that you can
determine the value passed in by the user from the command line.

(When your code is general purpose enough to be included in the StarCluster
repo, create a pull request in github.)

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html