StarCluster - Mailing List Archive

Ubuntu 14.04 AMI

From: Arman Eshaghi <no email>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 21:03:46 +0430

Dear all,

I'm wondering whether anyone is aware of the newest public AMIs for SC? I
have manually upgraded available Ubuntu 13.04 AMI to Ubuntu 14, while
master nodes work with no problem, I have always a problem with portmap
specifically with this error on slave nodes:

RemoteCommandFailed: remote command 'source /etc/profile &&
/etc/init.d/portmap start' failed with status 127:
bash: /etc/init.d/portmap: No such file or directory

There is no such file in Ubuntu 14.04 while portmap is installed. Obviously
I have broken something during upgrade. Or maybe portmap service
architecture has changed completely in Ubuntu 14? (the latter seems
unlikely!)
In any case I'm wondering whether anyone has a working Ubuntu 14.04 AMI
willing to share? Or any news on newer AMIs?

Thanks
Arman